2.28.2009

Home

Location: Coolidge Drive, Sarasota, FL Age: 0-1yrs
-My parents lived in this duplex right off the beach, 
the night before I was born my mom was swimming
in the ocean.  I need water, I can honestly say
I feel connected to it.

Missing my Grandmothers house in CT. Apparently google 
earth doesnt have any cameras on her street. Age: 1-3yrs

Location: 1503 N Conrad Ave, Sarasota, FL Age: 3-20yrs
When I was 3, my mother and I planted that palm
tree in the front yard for father's day.  It was the 
same height as I at that age, it has far surpassed my
height now.  It also leans slightly because 
of a tropical storm that came through.

Location: 1750 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, Ca Age: 20yrs-20yrs
This was one of the best places I have ever lived. 
The place isn't that great or anything, but the people
and the landlord, Susan, are amazing.  It felt like
a community here.

Location: 734something Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA Age: 20-21yrs
(bottom left hand corner apartment 201)
I only lived here a short while with my friend Colleen.  
I loved this apartment though, it was huge but we 
still had to share a 1 bedroom. 

Location: 5140 Brittany Drive, Old Hickory, TN Age:21-present
(p.s. that is my cat sitting on the front stairs)
I have lived in Nashville for 3 years now.  It 
took me a while to really like it here, but I do. 
There are great things about this place that I will
miss, but for now I have the summer to enjoy it
and will be going kayaking every chance I get!

I recently became obsessed with the powers of Google Earth.  Sure, I've used it before, but I had yet to be privy to the new version of it.  I was so amazed at being able to type in an address almost anywhere and be able to have a panorama street view of it.  Naturally, I did the obvious, I looked up all of my old residencies.  There is nothing like being able to go home, even if it is a hyped up futuristic trip. Lately, I've been missing all of the places I've ever called home and I know that when I move in the summer I will miss the place I now call home as well. It is nice that there are photographs to help aid in the memory process. 

I would like to see where you come from too.  Your challenge so you chose to accept it, leave your address or any address you want to share as a comment. 

1 comment:

  1. this is insane! i didn't know you could get that detailed! im hooked now!

    -Brandon

    ReplyDelete