1.18.2009

The Swedes Are Coming. Part One.

This entry is dedicated to all things Swedish. I've been looking a lot of Swedish photographers lately so I though I'd post a collection of images from some of them. I had been fascinated with their use of flash and because of the flash, the whites they were able to achieve. I asked Gustav Gustafsson why it seemed that everyone in Sweden uses a flash, and when he gave me the answer, it was all too apparent-because it is so dark in Sweden for part of the year! Their images are often ironic. They document life, both their own-and society's, which often yield hilarious results as they so cleverly point out the idiosyncrasies of society. 


Ida Borg. from Sju Sorters Kakor. 2007

Thobias Faldt. from Life Returns.

Johan Bergstrom. from Untitled #1
 


Lars Tunbjork. Post Office, Stockholm,1998.

Erik Betshammar. from Corners with Doors.

Sannah Kvist. from Vivid. 2008.


Jesper Ulvelius. Alien. 2007.

Gustav Gustafsson. Head Injury. 2008.


Additionally, my friend Gustav is considering a trip to the states to partake in the ol' classic American road trip.  I'm crossing my fingers! :)  He also pointed me in the direction of Lars Tunbjork and Johan Bergstrom, thank you for that! I hope you that if you haven't seen these photographers' work before that you'll take the time at some point or another to look at their websites, there is so much great work from all of them it took me all day just to pick out one image from each of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment