1.15.2009

Zoe Crosher




I really love Zoe Crosher's series, Out the Window (LAX).  I first found her work while scouring UCLA's photography faculty.  I think this series is fun.  I can see how this simple idea was formed, just by a fascination of noticing-maybe even only once.  Looking at just one image is alright, but it doesn't do the series justice.  I can only imagine her preparation-how many planes must have gone by, and how she had to be ready at the right moment or rather wait for the right moment to get the plane in her frame.  

I think it would be beneficial to take a look at the rest of her work as well.  Her series, LA-Like, explores Los Angeles for what it is.  When I look at her images, I can automatically connect with them having lived there for a year.  Her images of sunlight pouring in through any and every crack possible remind of the blinding sunshine on my drive home from work.  In this series she is beginning to investigate each facet of what L.A. is known for.  

1 comment:

  1. that's one of the most original photo projects i've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete